Let’s face it – beauty is only one of my passions, as I’m sure is the case for you!
I thought I’d share some of my current favorites unrelated to beauty. I’d love to hear yours in the comments!
Books, books and more books!
On July 1, I completed my personal reading challenge: 12 books in 12 months! I actually read 12 in 6 months (and one day, lol!) Reading used to be my favorite hobby but I strayed from it as I got older. It was important to me to get back to it. Although I prefer to have a book in my hands, I’ve also started consuming audiobooks through Audible.
If you’re looking for your own inspiration, here’s what I’ve read to date:
- “Whose Boat Is This Boat? Comments That Don’t Help in the Aftermath of a Hurricane” – The Staff of the Late Show with Stephen Colbert
- “Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant To Be” – Rachel Hollis (I don’t recommend this one, though … just not a fan of hers…)
- “All the President’s Men” – Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodward
- “Green River, Running Red: The Real Story of the Green River Killer – America’s Deadliest Serial Murderer” – Ann Rule
- “Beautiful Player” – Christen Lauren
- “The Flight Attendant” – Chris Bohjalian
- “I Know How She Does It: How Successful Women Make the Most of Their Time” – Laura Vanderkam
- “The Couple Next Door” – Shari Lapena
- “Outrageous Acts and Everyday Rebellions” – Gloria Steinem
- “Beautiful Bastard” – Christen Lauren
- “Hungry: A Young Model’s Story of Appetite, Ambition and the Ultimate Embrace of Curves” – Crystal Renn
- “Bossypants” – Tina Fey (completed via Audible)
I’m currently reading “Valley of the Dolls” by Jacqueline Susann, “How to Talk So Little Kids Will Listen: A Survival Guide to Life with Children 2-7” by Joanna Faber and Julie King; and an Audible book – “Athena Rising: How and Why Men Should Mentor Women” by W. Brad Johnson and David Smith.
I hate flying, but when I get on an American Airlines flight, I am just a little stoked. It’s silly, but I love the Lotus Biscoff cookies they give you with your complimentary drink on the flight.
I had no idea that these cookies were cookies you could buy 30,000 feet below that plane, on the ground! In the grocery store!
I also love eating the Snack Box on the plane, and I found the beef jerky, cheese crisps and Skinny Almonds in that box at Target.
Write it Down!
In addition to reading the written word, I love writing – with pens, pencils and notebooks. LOTS of pens and notebooks. I love stationery, or as I usually say, school supplies. Back to school shopping was my favorite time of year not because I’d get some new threads (I actually HATED clothes shopping with my mother, lol!) – it was the new backpack filled with new Mead notebooks, Bic pens and a cool Trapper Keeper. Maybe some fun folders and pencil case.
The Life Planner was my gateway into Erin Condren back in 2015. Lately, I’ve gotten into the brand’s notebooks. These customizable notebooks make great presents for colleagues, family and friends, too.
So what are you into in your life right now?