Disclaimer: PR Sample; see bottom
In my early 20s, I was a salt scrub devotee, until someone introduced me to my first mango-scented sugar scrub from The Body Shop. The only salt scrub I’ve used since is the homemade one I use when I’m congested and need some peppermint essential oil in my life!
When I had the opportunity to not only try and giveaway sugar scrubs from Qtica Smart Spa, a sister to Zoya at Art of Beauty, I said oh heck yes, sign me up! I can always use a new scrub and enjoy testing them out!
These sugar scrubs are used globally in salons, spas and homes, and come in a wide variety of scents – 14 to be exact:
- Almond Oatmeal
- Lemongrass Ginger
- Mandarin Honey
- Vanilla Wild Plum
- Guava Passion
- Lime Zest
- Lemon Dream
- Exotic Mango
- Strawberry Cranberry
- White Tea
- Grapefruit Surprise
- Colada Sparkle
I’m a big mint fan. And I am not a morning person, which is when I shower (it’s part of my “please help me wakeup” process). So I picked Eucamint scent as my first sugar scrub to try! I know that eucalyptus is supposed to be stress-relieving, and the mint refreshing. When I opened the cap to take a sniff, I knew it was the one.
The 7 oz plastic tubes squeeze the product out – but it’s thicker than a lotion so it is a firm squeeze that you need. Not hard, just firm!
The scrub is not like any other sugar scrub I’ve used – its consistency is thick, with more of a gelatinous feel. If you put it between your hands and slowly pull your hands apart, it will string in between your hands like it is a bit sticky. It mixes up nicely.
The sugar content of the scrubs is exfoliating, and gentle enough for daily use. But the texture seems larger, for lack of a better word, than the sugar scrubs I’ve used from, say, KBShimmer or The Body Shop, because it’s ensconced in the gel consistency. Here’s a comparison between the Qtica Smart Spa scrub (on right) and KBShimmer (on left):
As far as the scent – I can’t speak to all of them because I wanted to save some for a giveaway. But I found them to be strong enough to smell in the shower but not last on my skin. I purposely sniffed my skin a few hours later at work and did not smell Eucamint.
I found the scrub washed away easy enough, and did not leave a residue. I can use this everyday and it does not irritate my skin. I find that using a scrub everyday helps my hands stay exfoliated, too, which can sometimes peel and crack when I’m dehydrated or in cooler weather. I haven’t had that issue too much living in Florida, but I do like keeping my hands exfoliated, they feel nice.
Also, check out the Colada Sugar Scrub – it has micro glitter in it:
If you go through a LOT of sugar scrub, or you’re a salon or spa professional, you might like the 44 oz. option for $68. I would much prefer the 7 oz. tube for $18 – which is actually TRY ANY THREE FOR $30 right now! You can find the selection of scents here on the Qtica Smart Spa website – there’s much more than scrubs, there’s lotion, foot soak and more. You can also shop by scrub on the site, too.
Here’s the fun part! Zoya sent me each of their scents, and I want to share that love with YOU! I’m sending three lucky winners two scrubs each!
Here are the deets on entering (each of the three sets valued at approximately $36):
- Must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Open to readers/followers based in the USA
- Speaking of which, you must be a BeautyJudy.com reader/follower (ie, follow on IG: @beautyjudy, Twitter: @beautyjudyblog, Facebook: beautyjudyblog; see Rafflecopter for these entry options as not all are mandatory)
- Open from April 3, 2019 at midnight, until April 10, 2019, at midnight – all EST time zone.
- Once the giveaway closes, I’ll choose three winners via Rafflecopter then verify the entry. If the winner falsified entry, or did not do the mandatory entry, a new winner will be chosen. If you don’t do the mandatory entry, your other entries are invalid.
- I will reach out via email to the winner, and the winner will have 48 hours to reply and accept.
- Winners will have choice of available scents based on order in which they are chosen; thank for understanding ahead of time!
- If the winners do not reply in the 48-hour window, I will choose other winners.
- Prize will be mailed out by BeautyJudy.com/editorial staff.
- BeautyJudy.com/editorial staff is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged prizes.
- Follow the instructions in the Rafflecopter link below to enter!
- By entering the giveaway, you agree to the terms of the giveaway.
Thanks – now go forth and win some scrubs!
Disclaimer: I received product in this post for consideration from the PR Firm/Manufacturer. The product for the giveaway was also provided to me from the manufacturer/PR Firm. Please visit my Disclosure tab for more information on how BeautyJudy.com keeps it real!