Disclaimer: Some PR sample – see bottom.
“Cinderella” might be my all-time favorite Disney movie, but “The Little Mermaid” is my second favorite!
Mermaid EVERYTHING is so popular right now – mermaid hair, mermaid nails…and it really got me thinking of how I’d take on the trend. Why not incorporate my favorite mermaid?
At the time I did this mani, my entire nail art stash was in storage as we are in the process of moving into our first home (we are settling today!), so I had to create this look using only what I had on hand; a recent nail art haul from Twinkled T, and of course, my polish stash! I picked up the mermaid stencils as well as two Ariel charms from Twinkled T, so I was set!
I also created this mani in celebration of Donna from Sweet Baby by Donna‘s (@workinggirlnails on IG!) birthday, although I far more admire the mermaid nails she’s done in her IG than mine; I’m still a little unsteady with getting the stencil perfectly shaded in!!
I chose colors for this mani that reminded me of Ariel from “The Little Mermaid” – Zoya Cecilia for her mermaid tail, Zoya Demetria for her red hair, KBShimmer Sarong Place, Sarong Time for her seashell top. You get the picture. Check it out!
Complete breakdown of what I used:
- Thumb: Two coats of Zoya Cecilia
- Index: Two coats of Zoya Cecilia; Mermaid stencils from Twinkled T; two “globbed on” coats of ILNP Ten Fold on tip half of the nail and Float On on the half closer to the cuticle over the stencil
- Middle: Same as index
- Ring: Two coats of KBShimmer Sarong Place, Sarong Time and Ariel charm from Twinkled T
- Pinky: Two coats of Zoya Demetria
- Used Cult Nails Wicked Fast on all nails; Used Milani Color Statement Quick Dry Top Coat over mermaid nails and to adhere Ariel charm to nail.
My post today is part of a large collaboration!
Members of the Beauty Blog Coalition got together to post their interpretations of the mermaid trend! Check out these other mermaid-themed posts from some of my favorite fellow beauty bloggers!
Disclaimer: I received the Zoya and Milani polishes from the PR Firm/Manufacturer previously for honest review. I received the Sweet Baby by Donna cuticle oil as a gift with my purchase. All other products purchased. Please visit my Disclosure tab for more information on how BeautyJudy.com keeps it real!