I’m excited to once again cover The Makeup Show NYC! I am heading into the city tomorrow to meet up with my roommates for the night – Maria from Cult Nails, Mina from Fabulous Awesomeness Mina Slater and Eugenia from Geniabeme – who are taking pity on a prego and letting me crash for the night so I don’t have to make the 2+ car and rail commute into the city at 8 months pregnant two days in a row!! I am excited to see my Floridian friends and catch up, just as much as I am excited about the show!
If you don’t already, follow me at @ BeautyJudy on Instagram for photos from the show floor and the education sessions! I’ll do a roundup (probably on Monday) of what I see and learn at the show, but if you like instant gratification, IG is where it’s at!
The Makeup Show NYC, in its 10th year, starts on Sunday, May 3! I usually do a mix of walking the show room floor to discover the latest from favorite brands, and to discover new brands, but I also enjoy keynotes and educational seminars (as a beauty writer, they give me great ideas for columns!). This year, I’m particularly excited to hear these two sessions:
- David Klasfeld from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics will talk about “Innovation and Artistry,” in a keynote, sharing his story of starting OCC in 2004, becoming an industry favorite, how to stay true to your beliefs while separating yourself from the pack. (Sunday 2 to 3 p.m.)
- Makeup As Art seminar with Keri Blair for MAC Cosmetics (Sunday 9:45 to 10:30 a.m.)
There is so much more I haven’t decided on yet!
Something very cool and different this year at the show – The Makeup Show is partnering with 10 beauty brands, including: Auraline Beauty, INGLOT, Crown Brush, I Make You Beautiful, Glamcor Tec, London Brush Company, Pinnacle Cosmetics, MAKE UP FOR EVER, Mehron and TEMPTU to create 10 exclusive products, each with an individual nod to one of The Makeup Show’s defining concepts.
Here’s a peek at some of the picks!
Auraline Beauty – Brow Tints in 5 Shades
INGLOT – Matte Lipsticks in 5 new shades
INGLOT partnered with The Makeup Show NYC to launch 5 summer shades of Matte Lipstick. These are the opaque super matte lipsticks that include Vitamin E, macadamia oil, and avocado oil.
Crown Brush – Brush Set
The FORM AND FUSE 10 Year Anniversary five brush set allows for shading, contouring and blending away hard edges. Included is the Studio Pro Contour Brush and Duo Fibre Blush Brush (both for buffing, blending and finishing hard lines),along with three shadow brushes (Small Sable Shadow for placement and blending, Precision Detail for lining, shaping and defining and Deluxe Pointed Crease for soft shadow application and blending).
Pinnacle Cosmetics – Vinyl Lipgloss
These Vinyl Lip Gloss shades for the anniversary offer total full coverage and shine.
Mehron – Cream and Powder Blush Set
This palette of Mehron’s Celebre Professional Pressed Powder Blush and Cheek Creme contains eight shades.
TEMPTU – Limited Shade Bronzer
To commemorate The Makeup Show’s 10th Anniversary, TEMPTU is introducing a limited shade of S/B Bronzer in Terra Gold.
Other products include:
- I Make You Beautiful – Magic Touch Sponge: The Magic Touch Sponge is a reusable tool that utilizes the magic of air compression to evenly apply complexion products extremely close to the skin promoting even, maximum, flawless coverage with the most natural finish.
- Glamcor Tec – The Makeup Show Custom Branded Light Kit: The 50,000 hour lamps are LED technology and color balanced not to distort the color of the skin/hair or color being applied to it.
- London Brush Company – Limited Edition 5-Piece Set: London Brush Company is creating a Limited Edition 5 Piece set which consist of four of James Vincent’s (director of education for the show) favorite LBC Detail Brushes, and one which the brands founder Sian Richards, has created specially to complete the 10 year anniversary set. All the brushes are hand made from premium grade materials in the USA.
- MAKE UP FOR EVER – Artist Eye Shadow Palette: Artists from The Makeup Show partnered with MAKE UP FOR EVER to curate a palette of their Artist Shadows.The palette is limited edition and only available at The Makeup Show NYC.
So who out there is going to be at The Makeup Show NYC this year?!