I’m not sure if you can really tell the difference in the above sets of photos, I should have stuck to wearing a dress for the NOW shots. But me, I can tell and feel the difference! The dress I’m wearing in the pics above is a 1X, and I was an 18 denying that I needed to go up a size. The pics below are me in an XL top that’s baggy and size 16 Old Navy jeans!
This week I had a gain. I actually kinda expected it. I hardly ate the week before because of my surgery! So it’s not even an issue to me. I have come so far, and I am only just 1/3 of the way through my weight loss journey. I gained 1 lb. I still maintained the majority of the weight loss I had with my surgery.
Now that my surgery is two weeks behind me, and I’m feeling better, I’m excited to start adding in activity into my life. Here are some ideas I’ve got to keep activity interesting – and to keep me moving when I can!
- 15 minute walks at lunch time. It might not sound like much time, but 15 minutes during lunch will get me away from my desk, and outside.
- Mall walking. I’m a huge fan of mall walking, because the mall is indoors, free and some of them around here open early in order to accomodate walkers! There’s a mall near my office – Moorestown Mall – that actually has a mall walker program. I signed up and got a free walking log and other materials. I was supposed to get a pedometer but I never did. Regardless – walking the mall is ideal on rainy or inclement weather days! Plus, it’s a great way to scope out the store fronts – sans wallet! – and think of a reward for my next weight loss goal!
- Parking further from my office. I arrived after 9 a.m. to work last Wednesday because I had a follow-up with my surgeon. I had to park across the street in another building’s parking lot, because mine was full! It was a few minutes of a walk. I realized, why not do this all the time?
- Jogging. I promised myself to wait until I got below 200 lbs, so that I could pick up my favorite athletic hobbies again – running! But I’m not going nuts, I’m going to jog. By summer, maybe I will be able to start doing 5Ks and other distance runs, and join my local running club again. Of course, this bullet must wait until I get orthotics from the podiatrist. I have an unstable ankle, and I don’t want to risk injury putting me out of all exercise because I was stuipd and over did it!
- Join a new gym. I want a facility that offers me basketball courts, classes, and treadmills. My current gym is a bunch of equipment in a room. It’s not my style. I succeed at the gym and enjoy going where there is a variety of things to keep me busy. Maybe I don’t feel like running, I want exercise to feel like play; I want to run up and down the basketball court shooting lay-ups, practicing dribbling, playing HORSE with myself and nailing shots from the top of the box (although I can do it without jumping, I like to jump for the added exercise!)
So, here’s my stats for the week:
Weight at start of the week: 197 lbs.
Weight at end of the week: 198 lbs.
That’s a total of 1 lbs gain, for a grand total of 22.2 lbs down!!!
I’d give you goals for the week, but I think I already laid it out – In the words of Olivia Newton John, I want to start getting PHYSICAL!!
Are you active? Contemplating adding activity into your life?! Share in the comments below!