But gall bladder surgery nails? Hmmm.
I did have some trepidation. My colleague at work asked me, “are you going to do gall bladder nails?!” And we had a good joke when I laughed and said I’d probably not even wear nail polish to surgery. Then when I got home and retold the story to Mike, he laughed and got enthusiastic. “Why not?!” He asked. “You could do a little gall bladder, and then dollar signs for how much money it’s costing you!” (thanks, health insurance, although at the same time I’m annoyed, thank you, because I HAVE health insurance).
Well, Mike’s ideas were catchy, and I’m kitschy, so here’s my gall bladder manicure!
You’re probably wondering what the heck those things all are…
- Thumb represents the money I’m putting out for the surgery.
- Index finger celebrates Chinese New Year, because if I wasn’t having surgery today, I would have done a Chinese New Year mani! Happy New Year!
- The middle finger is gall stones
- The ring finger is the gall bladder (the pear shaped organ with ducts/veins or whatever coming out of it.
- The pinky is a bloody scalpel. I have a sick sense of humor, I suppose!
Closer look at gall stones:
This is where I got the description from:
Not perfect but I tried! And here’s a closer look at the gall bladder:
And where I got the description from:
I skipped the red veins inside it.
Nothing here is perfect, but I had some fun doing this. It definitely took the edge off my nervousness to paint my nails like this!
I used a whole host of supplies.:
- Two coats of Essie Topless & Barefoot for all nails except the index finger.
- Two coats of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Golden Ticket for index finger.
- Red, green, black and white Stripe Rite nail striper lacquers.
- Silver (name is missing from bottom of bottle) nail art lacquer – Art Club
- Fimo pieces (not sure what they are, but they reminded me together of Chinese New Year!)
- Water decals (money)
- A coat of Seche Vite after initial painting of base colors. Seche Vite to finish whole thing off.
- Konad Top Coat for adhering fimo to index finger
- Oh yes! And Seche Rebuild for base coat
Thanks for stopping by today! I have posts scheduled for this week while I recover. Have a good one!