Disclaimer: PR sample, see bottom.
Having such a ruddy complexion, I have a keen interest in how I can even my skin tone as part of my makeup routine.
I recently had an opportunity to try color correcting-products from Hard Candy, and I was so impressed I wanted to share my experience with you, AND offer you a giveaway to try it for yourself!
I’ll walk you through adding this into my routine!
I started with a naked face, after moisturizing with my Pixi SkinTreats multi-misting regime!
Then I picked up the green-toned Radiant Primer.
This primer feels creamy, and has great green pigmentation. It truly neutralizes my redness.
It goes on smoothly, but just like other primers, you shouldn’t keep blending and blending, you have to work quick and stop because it starts setting. I blend as if applying moisturizer, and then pat. I used this all over my face because I have redness from rosacea all over from top to bottom. I went back and spot-checked a couple trouble areas like my nose and cheeks but not all; I left some areas so I could use the yellow Correcting stick on them.
One thing to note is that this is fragrant. In fact, among the ingredients, fragrance is listed. It’s some kind of scent that has a hint of floral, but a musky clean…and it lingers on my face for a few hours. I actually like it a lot, but those with sensitivity to scents may not. It fades a bit as it wears but I could also smell it on my fingers, which I had washed at least once after using.
Here’s my face after the primer:
You can see that it has toned down my redness, although some is still peeking through. Some of my red bumps are also stubbornly there, but that’s what the Color Correct Stick in Yellow is for!
Here’s a swatch of it with the Lavender-hued pencil as well, which is for medium to dark skin tones for dullness and sallowness:
After using the primer, I used the Color Correct Stick in Yellow to spot-cover my red bumps and some of the more stubborn redness on my face.
I dabbed and drew on my face where it was needed, then used a Beauty Blender-type sponge to blend it into my skin. I didn’t blend so hard on some of my spots so that it would provide stronger coverage.
Here’s my face after both the primer and pencil:
Now I’m ready for my foundation and makeup!
These color correctors from Hard Candy helped me achieve an even skin tone. They are easily accessible at Walmart with a fantastic price point. If you can’t get to a Walmart, you can find them on Walmart.com here! Each product is $5.
The Radiant Primer line has six shades. Here’s a description of the other five:
- Yellow: helps neutralize mil skin redness due to mil sunburn or acne
- Pink: helps neutralize dullness and sallowness for fair to light skin tones
- Lavender: helps neutralize dullness and sallowness on medium to dark skin tones
- Peach: helps neutralize dark circles and spots on fair to light skin tones
- Orange: helps neutralize dark circles and spots on medium to dark skin tones
The Expert Sticks come in the same color selection, targeting the same issues.
Have you tried any of the Hard Candy Color Correct line? If you haven’t, and you’d like to, enter my giveaway!
Giveaway! Two Randomly-Selected Color Correct Expert Sticks and One Randomly-Selected Color Correct Radiant Primer!
Here are the rules for the giveaway, valued at $15!!:
- Must be 18 or older to enter.
- Open to USA readers/followers
- Speaking of which, you must be a BeautyJudy.com reader/follower (ie, follow on Instagram – @beautyjudy, Twitter – @beautyjudyblog, Facebook – beautyjudyblog, email subscriber)
- Open from , Midnight, until at Midnight – all EST time zone.
- Once the giveaway closes, I will choose a winner via Rafflecopter, then verify entry. If the winner falsified entry, or did not do the mandatory entry, a new winner will be chosen. If you don’t do the mandatory entry, your other entries are invalid.
- I will then reach out via email to the winner, and the winner will have 48 hours to reply and accept.
- If the winner does not reply in the 48-hour window, I will choose another winner.
- Prize will be mailed out by the brand.
- BeautyJudy and Hard Candy are not responsible for any lost or stolen prizes.
- Finally – follow the instructions in the Rafflecopter link below to enter! Good luck and thank you for stopping by!
Disclaimer: I received the color correctors for honest consideration from Hard Candy, which is also supplying the products for this giveaway. Please visit my Disclosure tab for more information on how BeautyJudy.com keeps it real!