Disclaimer: Some PR samples. See bottom.
The last few years I’ve looked forward to the announcement of the Pantone Color of the Year. PANTONE 15-0343 Greenery is the PANTONE® Color of the Year selection for 2017.
Greenery is described in a press release as “a fresh and zesty yellow-green shade that evokes the first days of spring when nature’s greens revive, restore and renew.”
Photo credit: Pantone, click here to view press release.
While this shade of green isn’t at the top of my favorite color list, the meaning behind the color rings true to me. I picture how the trees and greenery in our world seem to come back to life after a long winter…this is something I can relate to and so I’m embracing Greenery!
I decided to put together a look highlighting Greenery, and I dug around my stash to find something close. Thrash from the Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette isn’t quite green enough, but it’s a yellow-green, and the perfect pop of Greenery color I sought!
I paired Thrash with three shades from the Jesse’s Girl Back Stage Collection Sounds of the City eye shadow palette:
I used the first one to highlight to brow, middle in the crease and blended into the lid and the last one on the lid on either side of Thrash. Here’s a quick tutorial on how I crafted the look:
- Primed my eyes with Jesse’s Girl Eye Shadow Primer.
- Patted Thrash onto the center of my lid.
- Added the silvery taupe shimmer shade from the Jesse’s Girl palette on either side of Thrash and into the crease.
- Added the brown shimmer shade from the Jesse’s Girl palette into my crease and blended with lid and up.
- Added Kiko Automatic Precision Eyeliner and Kohl in Matta Occhi (#708) to my waterline, and took the taupe shimmer shade and smudged it under my lower lash line.
- Added the white shimmer shade under my brow to highlight, and created a wing look with Jesse’s Girl Liquid Eyeliner in Dark Brown.
- Added Dior Show mascara to upper lashes, Senna Lash Detail Mascara to lower lashes.
- More Ta-da! Here’s a closer look at the finished eyes:
And here’s the complete look:
Here I am in glasses with the look:
Other products used:
- Serenity + Scott Brow Gel in Golden Blonde
- Jesse’s Girl Matte Finish Lip Color in Angelic
- NYX Cosmetics Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder in Synthetica
- Inglot blush (I don’t remember the number and I can’t get the dang pan out of the palette!)
What do you think of Greenery? I’ll have to dig through my stash now for a polish that fits the shade!
Disclaimer: I received all the Jesse’s Girl products previously for honest consideration, and purchased the rest of the cosmetics featured. Please visit my Disclosure tab for more information on how BeautyJudy.com keeps it real!