Disclaimer: PR samples. See bottom.
In my mid-20s I handmade a scarf that I love.
It wasn’t supposed to be a scarf. It’s tightly crocheted because I intended for it to be a big, long and warm blanket. Unfortunately, I lacked the patience to crochet something that large that required that much time, so it became a scarf.
It’s a little wider than a usual scarf, and after all these years, i’s still a bit stiff around my neck because of how tightly crocheted it is. But damn if it isn’t the warmest scarf I’ve ever owned!
It’s that time of year to cuddle up with it when I have to venture out, and I felt inspired this winter to create a look that matched the coziness of my handmade failed-blanket-turned-scarf.
I started by creating an eye look that used some of the colors in the scarf. I used Jesse’s Girl Back Stage Collection Natural Nudes Collection Eye Shadow palette, Urban Decay After Dark Eye Shadow palette and Kat Von D Beauty Alchemist Holographic Palette.
I used Backfire from the After Dark palette:
I used the dark, blackberry-type shade top right in the Jesse’s Girl palette:
I used the two top left shades in the same palette, a shimmery pinnk and mauve:
And I used the Pink opal shade from Alchemist:
Here’s my eye tutorial:
- I started with Jesse’s Girl Eye Shadow Primer on clean lids.
- I brushed on Backfire from the Urban Decay After Dark palette all over my lid.
- I added the blackberry hue from the Jesse’s Girl Back Stage Collection Natural Nudes Collection palette in the crease and blended on lid and in the outer corner of my eyes.
- I blended the crease and lid colors with the mauve shimmer from the Jesse’s Girl palette.
- I added the pink shimmer from the Jesse’s Girl palette to my brow to highlight.
- In the inner corner of my eye into the first part of the lower lash line, I smudged the Pink Opal shade from the Kat Von D Alchemist Holographic palette.
- I lined the upper lid with Jesse’s Girl Liquid Eyeliner in Blue.
- I finished with Diorshow Mascara.
Other products used:
- MAC Cosmetics Beauty Powder in Briar Rose
- Jesse’s Girl Highlight & Contour palette
- Jesse’s Girl Lip Glass in Idyllic
- NYX Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder in Snow Rose
- NYX Total Control Drop Foundation in Light
I love how the eye look matches my scarf (seen in the finished look collage above)! The Lip Glass in Idyllic is a perfect pop of shimmer and the lightest touch of pink to complement the darker eye look.
Have you ever used an accessory as inspiration for a makeup look? I’d love to hear what inspired you!
Disclaimer: I received the Jesse’s Girl eye shadow palette, Highlight & Contour palette, Lip Glass and eye shadow Primer for honest consideration from the brand. I purchased the rest of the cosmetics featured in this piece. Please visit my Disclosure tab for more information on how BeautyJudy.com keeps it real!