Disclaimer: Press sample. See bottom
What I have to share with you today reminds me of Easter, spring flowers and Sunday spring dresses from my childhood all wrapped into one!
KBShimmer is releasing a two-part spring collection for the season this year – not only is the popular indie maker releasing eight, fun new glitters and holos, but it’s also releasing eight creme polishes, too!
“Spring has inspired the KBShimmer staff to create two collections filled with fun, vibrant color,” said Owner Christy Rose in a press release. “For the first time, we will also be offering cream polishes. These polishes pair wonderfully with many existing KBShimmer polishes, but are also wonderful alone.”
And they are springy, and pretty – get ready to stop and smell the flowers! Here’s a full list of hues:
The Glitters & Holos
- Full Bloom Ahead – White base with small, medium and large hex glitters in fuchsia, navy, teal, gold and orange
- Belle of the Mall – Coral-toned pink jelly loaded with holo silver hexes in various sizes
- Rush Flower Traffic – Metallic glitter top coat with fuchsia, gold, green, sapphire and aqua glitters in hex and dot shapes
- Daisy About You – Pale green crelly with neon green hex glitters among purple and lavender hexes and lavender daisy glitters
- Laugh Myself Lily – Muted jade crelly with holo hexes in gold, pink, silver, lavender and blue as well as pink and light aqua dots.
- Quick and Flirty – Violet linear holo
- Make My Gray – Pale gray with turquoise, gunmetal, pale aqua and coral glitters.
- Prism Break – Linear holo top coat
- Life Rose On – Bright, cheery pink
- A Touch Of Glass – Light aqua mint creme (pastel green with blue undertones)
- Chick Me Out – Bright yellow creme
- Honeydew List – Dusty pastel green
- Sky Jinks – Medium blue creme with a hint of dustiness
- Pansy-Monium – Pansy purple creme with a slight red undertone
- My Life’s Porpoise – Gray (or grey!) creme
- Eclipse – True black cream
I have four of the glitters and holos to share with you today, and I am pretty pumped about these hues!
Full Bloom Ahead:
Full Bloom Ahead is so colorful, it makes me happy just looking at it! I used three coats here, and KB Shimmer recommends two to three for opacity. It was easy to apply, a great formula and the glitters come out easily and you don’t need to fish around for different size pieces to create variety on your nails! KB Shimmer owner Christy describes the inspiration for this polish: “When winter comes to a draw and spring is near, bulbs start peeking through the snow. While waiting for spring to officially start, pops of purple, pink, yellow and blue litter flower beds across the nation. This white-based polish is loaded with small, medium and large hex glitters in fuchsia, navy, teal, gold and orange; colors reminiscent of those floral tones that signal spring is near.”
Make My Gray:
Make My Gray – what makes this polish for me is the colors of turquoise, coral and gray playing off each other. This is one of my favorite spring polishes for 2014. The brand recommends layering three coats to wear alone – which I did – or layering it over similar-based polish, like My Life’s Porpoise!
Quick and Flirty:
Quick and Flirty is a stunner in the sun! KB Shimmer recommends full coverage in two coats, and that’s how it’s shown here. Again, this was an easy formula to work with.
Laugh Myself Lily:
Laugh Myself Lily is, according to Christy, “inspired by water lilies and the many paintings where lilies are the subject.” It’s another favorite for me. KB Shimmer recommends two to three coats for this polish, and I used three. Again, the formula was easy to work with and the glitter was apparent. I especially love the dot glitters. My first dot glitter polish!!!
As I said, I was pleased with the formula on all of these. Based on the descriptions, I can’t wait to try Belle of the Mall, Daisy About You, Chick Me Out, Honeydew List and Sky Jinks, among others! I would definitely buy from this collection.
These polishes will launch on MARCH 14! Set your alarms!!! They will go on sale on KB Shimmer’s website (linked to above!) and retail for $8.75 (glitters and holos) and $7.50 for the cremes.
What about you? What polishes are you crushing on so far from this spring collection!? I’d love to hear!
Disclaimer: I received the KB Shimmer polishes to review from the PR Firm/Manufacturer. Please visit my Disclosure tab for more information on how BeautyJudy.com keeps it real!