Disclaimer: Purchased by me. See bottom for more.
I was going through my untried Jesse’s Girl Julie G nail polish stash a few days ago, looking for some nail art inspiration. I’d recently gathered up all my Julie G’s for a reason that I can share with you VERY soon!
Anyway, as I looked for inspiration, I just kept drawing a blank!
Of course I took my dilemma to social media.
I posted a pic on Instagram, and one of my friends, Leticia from Cosmetics Aficionado, suggested that among the polishes I captured, there were a few that looked like peacock colors. I decided, why not?! I tried a freehand peacock feather design.
It didn’t turn out like a masterpiece but then, I never expected it to – I’m definitely no artist! But I was happy enough with it and while out and about, someone actually recognized what it was (to me it looked just like a bunch of colors on my nails LOL).
Here’s the Julie G polishes I used:
- Two coats of Freshly Squeezed
- Dance in the Dark for the blurple middle of the feathers
- Kickin’ It around Dance in the Dark
- Then I did the feathers with a nail brush in Mermaid’s Tale and Holla-Peno
- I finished with another ring around the center of the feathers with Metallic Heels.
So there you go. Not the greatest but I had fun! And holy cow – I used six polishes!
Have you tried peacock nail art yet?! Do you recognize what’s on my nails?! (Can I call it, ‘abstract’?!)