Disclaimer: Some samples. See bottom for more.
For my birthday, two friends gave me gift cards to one of my favorite stores, Kohl’s. I took my $50, my coupons, and my excitement over buying new clothes in my new sizes to the store and had a blast trying things on!
I can shop in the junior’s section, although I’m careful what I choose. I don’t need to be that 30-something trying to look early 20-something, right?! Ha!
One of the outfits I took home with me was pretty Lily Rose dress. I wore this past Sunday to my cousin’s daughter’s Baptism:
The dress inspired me to do some nail art. But I didn’t want to do a chevron or zigzag line pattern like the band in the middle looks like, I wanted something different but using the same color scheme of the dress.
I found some striping tape, picked out polishes in similar colors, and decided on a geometric mani that I absolutely loved!
Here’s how I did it:
- Used two coats of Zoya Darcy (yellow) as my base
- Applied a coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast, and let the mani dry
- Stuck striping tape in patterns to create four sections on each nail
- Painted Zoya Thandie (orange), Zoya Rocky (light blue) and Sinful Colors My Buoyfriend (dark blue) in three different shapes created by the tape. I let the yellow pop through the fourth
- Waited til the polish was not totally dry, but tacky, then pulled off the tape carefully to not damage the designs too much
- When the designs were dry enough not to pull, I added a coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast to seal the mani.
I wore this mani for three days, I loved it so much, and it held up great! It also worked as a funky, geometric beach ball pattern!
I don’t do nail art like this frequently, so it did take me about an hour to do, not really counting the drying time for the base (I wanted to make sure it was as dry as possible so I didn’t mess up the base!).
So what do you think of this mani?! And have you ever done nail art inspired by a favorite piece of clothing?! I’d love to hear about it in the comments below!
Disclaimer: I purchased the Sinful Colors polish, but received the Zoya nail polish for review previously from the PR/Manufacturer. Please visit my Disclosure tab for more information on how BeautyJudy.com keeps it real!