Before I tell you the “ugly” this week, I want to share with you one little nugget of “good,” or total happiness I experienced while being “bad”:
My sweat shorts needed to be CONSTANTLY pulled up as I shopped around the mall Saturday. I mean, these puppies were falling and sliding and moving all around.
Something I haven’t mentioned is that before I started chronicling my weight loss journey here, I lost about 3 lbs. prior. So as of last week, I lost a little more than 6 lbs., and it’s no wonder my shorts felt a little different! I haven’t noticed this on most of my other clothes, but I was THRILLED that I looked like a dufus, yanking my shorts up as I passed by Abercrombie and Fitch and 5-7-9!
Otherwise, let me share with you a few lessons I picked up the last week:
- Do not buy two boxes of the TastyKake Kandy Kakes as pictured in the photo at the top of the post.
- Do not buy two boxes of the TastyKake Kandy Kakes as pictured in the photo at the top of the post, when you will be trapped inside your house all weekend due to a Category 1 hurricane named Irene (or named anything else, for that matter).
- Putting one of the two boxes (I had to buy two. They were buy two for $5!) in the freezer for Mike to consume is not an effective measurement against eating said TastyKakes.
- Hurricanes make me hungry.
So yeah. I lost this week. But I also lost my mind eating through my boredom. I probably had four packages of Kandy Kakes, some Oreos, and a bunch of other snacks while trapped in the house during Hurricane Irene over the weekend.
Not only that, but I sucked balance balls at keeping track in my iPhone app of what I ate, and I only walked once. I did, however, work up quite a sweat going through my summer shoes and grocery shopping for the above offending TastyKakes and other “nonperishables” in advance of the hurricane.
But, it seems silly to beat myself up over these things, doesn’t it? You gotta pick yourself up, dust off and move on. Me eating Kandy Kakes? Over the course of two days out of seven? It’s going to happen again. Perhaps not the quantity of the weekend, but it will happen again. This is a lifestyle change, not a diet. So, I gotta roll with the cravings and figure out other ways to allow myself what I enjoy.
With that snapshot of the week, here’s the stats!
Weight at start of week 3: 215.2 lbs.
Weight at end of week 3: 214.4 lbs.
That’s a loss of 0.8 lbs!!! That brings my total weight loss since 8/8/2011 to 4 lbs!!
Strengths this week:
- I went to the diner for breakfast Saturday and instead of French toast, butter and syrup with a side of extra crispy bacon, I ordered an egg white omelet (ok, I added American cheese), and opted for fruit instead of home fries.
- When my friend and I went out for our usual pho/Friendly’s dinner – pho first, Friendly’s for ice cream after – I ordered the Strawberry Shortcake sundae, with sugar-free vanilla ice cream. Talk about low calories, I was a champ and still got my sweet on!
- I have tried to maintain a positive attitude, especially when I feel I’ve “cheated.”
- TastyKake Peanut Butter Kandy Kakes.
- Hurricane boredom grazing.
- I didn’t keep track of what I was eating. I always do better when I put it down on pen and paper, or log it online.
My goals for week 4 are simple!
- Write down my food and exercise, whether it’s in my notebook or in my app.
- Research whether I want to try Weight Watchers, for the guidance.
What a week! How did you make out this week? Accomplish your goals? Did you have any natural disasters tempting you with boredom eating!? Next week, I’ll share my first photo since the beginning! I can’t wait to take it next Monday, and see if there’s a noticeable change compared to my start-date photo, although I am seriously doubting it. What do you think will happen!?
Share you thoughts and rants and successes in the comments below!