Halloween is over. Now we’ll be focusing on Thanksgiving. Next thing you know, I’ll be frantically running around trying to figure out what to get my mom for Christmas and trying to remember who’s house we’re due to visit on Christmas Eve and how many stops we have to make on Christmas Day.
Ah, yes. The holidays. Never a dull moment but always a good time. At least I’ll be harried with the holiday spirit and great nail lacquer, right?!
Part of my great holiday manicures will be brought to me by the 16 new lacquers in the China Glaze Tis the Season to be Naughty and Nice collection! SIXTEEN! Holy cow.
Here’s the list of shades and descriptions of the colors:
- Naughty and Nice: Deeply rich wine crème.
- Sugar Plums: Plum shimmer.
- Mommy Kissing Santa: Deep cherry red shimmer.
- Phat Santa: Red crème.
- Ruby Deer: Bright red crème.
- Mrs. Claus: Red glitter.
- Party Hearty: Green, gold and red chunky glitter.
- Mistletoe Kisses: Green glitter.
- Jolly Holly: Forest green shimmer.
- Peace on Earth: Olive green shimmer.
- Little Drummer Boy: Navy blue shimmer.
- Jingle Bells: Champagne shimmer.
- Midnight Kiss: Gold shimmer.
- Cheers to You: Silver shimmer.
- Frosty: White frosty shimmer.
- Snow: White crème.
I decided to break the collection into three parts; the reds, the greens/blue and the whites and metallics. I decided to start with the reds!
Ruby Deer is a vibrant, classic red creme. This is one I’ll probably use to create my Santa Suit nails – remember those?! Click this link to see it, it’s the last mani at the bottom of the post. I don’t own any reds like this from China Glaze, and I’m impressed with it.
Phat Santa is a slightly darker red creme than Ruby Deer. Another great holiday red. I really get in the mood for red this time of year – the right shade with the right undertone that matches your complexion is just a classy nail color!
Mommy Kissing Santa:
Mommy Kissing Santa is a great red shimmer. All these reds so far are very opaque, needing only two coats. I am impressed with the pigmentation.
Mrs. Claus is more of a pink glitter than a red, but still fits in 🙂 The glitter is in a sheer pink jelly base, although it’s buildable to opaque. These swatches are two coats.
Sugar Plums is a plum shimmer with plum and holographic microglitter. It reminds me of a darker Crystal Ball! I tried to capture the holo effect but had a hard time getting a good photo with it.
Naughty and Nice:
Naughty and Nice is a vampy, dark wine color. While it’s a great winter and fall color, for the holidays, I picture myself layering overtop this polish!
So there you have the reds!
I haven’t shown you all the colors yet, but if you’re in the market for a nice gift for a fellow nail fanatic, certain colors will also be available in the gift sets:
- Celebrate in Style Collection: Includes Little Drummer Boy, Peace on Earth, Mommy Kissing Santa, Jingle Bells and a holiday necklace.
- Merry Mint Set: Includes Naughty and Nice, Mrs. Claus and a complimentary China Glaze Peppermint Oil.
- Rejoice Set: Includes Mistletoe Kisses, Mrs. Claus and a special red holiday candle.
- Cheers to You: Includes Midnight Kisses, Cheers to you and a China Glaze shot glass.
- Dreamin’ of a Green Christmas: Includes Mistletoe Kisses, Midnight Kiss and Jolly Holly.
- Oh, Ruby Deer: Includes Sugar Plums, Ruby Deer and a stuffed animal.
- Peppermint Kisses with Holiday Wishes: Includes Mrs. Claus, Phat Santa, Snow and Frosty.
I’ll share the whites/metallics tomorrow and the greens on Thursday, so stay tuned!
I was very upset that I purchased a bottle of Peppermint Cuticle Oil and I went to use it the other day and it flew off my container of nail things in our hallway and shattered on the hardwood floor. Luckily, our cat isn’t too overly curious, and the smell wasn’t overpowering. I’m very bummed, as it’s $3.50 on Victoria Nail Supply, but you need a minimum $15 order to buy from the site. There’s nothing else I need or SHOULD buy, so I guess unless I find this oil at Sally’s or Ulta, I’m out of luck.
What do you think about these reds, friends?! See anything that catches your eye? I feel that most of them are dupable, but what can I say? I’m a sucker for a good holiday red this time of year!